- Food safety is the first priority of design
- Reliability in intense cleaning environments
- Increased sustainability with proven longer service life
Now, more than ever, it is vital that food and beverage companies choose supplier partners that understand their processes, helping to improve plant reliability, sustainability and achieve productivity goals.
For more than three decades, ABB has listened to equipment designers, operators and plant maintenance engineers to design and manufacture Baldor-Reliance Food Safe motors to perform reliably, at maximum efficiency, around the clock – and able to withstand rigorous cleaning and sanitation processes. Now ABB has underscored its commitment to uncompromised food safety and productivity with key enhancements in performance and protection to its Food Safe stainless steel motor line.
- Bearing protection ring to reduce shaft currents
- 360-degree rotatable conduit box for ease of installation, operation and maintenance
- Plugged drain holes completely seal the motor to minimize water ingress
Features that have stood the test of time
- All stainless-steel construction – including housing, conduit box, drain plugs, hardware, fan cover and endplates – safeguards against corrosion to avoid costly downtime and repairs
- IP69 laser marked nameplate for readability throughout the life of the motor
- Hardened epoxy resin encapsulation provides an additional layer of internal protection against water and humidity
- Two-barrier mechanical shaft seals prevent water from entering at the shaft extension of the motor
- High-temperature Class H insulation with low-temperature (Class B) rise for longer insulation and bearing life
Baldor-Reliance Food Safe motors, designed with smooth contours and advanced sealing, exceed IP69 ingress protection ratings for washdown conditions to maximize motor life in high-pressure, sanitary cleaning environments. The product line covers single to three-phase ratings, with TEFC or TENV enclosures, in foot-mounted and footless configurations, providing OEMs and end users greater flexibility to choose the right product for their equipment and applications.
When selecting the highest quality motor suitable for harsh washdown applications, it’s possible to achieve sustainability targets of food processing plants. High reliability means high productivity while reducing downtime, waste and CO2 – creating a safe, sustainable solution that protects the environment.
ABB is a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future. The company’s solutions connect engineering know-how and software to optimize how things are manufactured, moved, powered and operated. Building on more than 130 years of excellence, ABB’s ~105,000 employees are committed to driving innovations that accelerate industrial transformation. www.abb.com
ABB Motion keeps the world turning – while saving energy every day. We innovate and push the boundaries of technology to enable the low-carbon future for customers, industries and societies. With our digitally enabled drives, motors and services we can deliver the optimum drive and motor solution for a wide range of applications in all industrial segments. Through our global presence we are always close to serve our customers. ABB Motion achieved revenues of $6.9 billion and an Operational EBITA margin of 17.1 percent in 2021. The Dodge business that was divested at the end of 2021 contributed with revenues of approximately $540 million and supported the Operational EBITA margin by approximately 50 basis points. The business area has roughly 22,000 employees in seven divisions worldwide.
Complete the following form, so we can help you with the best solution for your application. We’re at your service.